Recently I finished a small project from Brett Bara’s Sewing in a Straight Line. I made the circular box project except I decided not to sew the cute little corners open to make the box truly circular. Right now it is being used to catch our keys and phones at the front door and is doing a pretty good job. Next time I will try to make it a little bigger. Also, Luke made a good suggestion-I should add cardboard to make the bottom and sides stiffer. I used interfacing, called heavy, but it isn’t very firm.
As you can see, the sides bow out.
I love the fabric! So bold and with yellow flowers which I am a big sucker for. I will definitely make this project again and experiment with ways to make it a bit more durable!